12 Things I Love About Living in Nicaragua
Posted by In Nica Now
1. A 1 hour pedicure costs less than $5 – Now that’s good value!
2. The People – Gord and I are constantly meeting (and making friends with) new and interesting people from Nicaragua and other parts of the world.
3. Eskimo Ice Cream – At C$12 ($0.52) per scoop Eskimo ice cream always makes for an inexpensive sweet treat. My favorite flavors include coffee, pistachio and caramelo. Mmm!
4. Time Doesn’t Matter – I rarely know what time of the day it is or what day of the week it is and I’m totally okay with that!
5. Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice – Although it takes a bit of effort to make, having fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning is such a treat.
6. Retirement at 37 – Yes, it’s true. I’m 37 years old and I’m retired. Unless the cost of living increases drastically here in Nica (or I move back to Canada) I don’t have to work…ever…again!
7. Mojito Fridays – Gathering with the Granada expat community for Mojitos (and Macuas) every Friday night on the Calzada is always a good time.
8. Cold Tona – There’s nothing like a cold Tona (or two) to quench your thirst on a super hot day. Did you know that it’s pretty much super hot (and sunny) here every day?
9. Alarm clocks are a thing of the past – I absolutely love not having to wake up to an alarm clock every day. I’m also happy “snooze button” is no longer part of my vocabulary.
10. Rain Storms – They often come on fast and fierce, but only last a short time. I love the smell of the rain and the cooler temperatures storms bring.
11. Not knowing what tomorrow will bring – Every day, every week, every month comes with the possibility of a new adventure.
12. Hammock Chairs – Whenever I’m lucky enough to find one, a hammock chair is a great place to curl up and read a book, watch the sunset or just relax while enjoying a cold Tona.
Elisha in Nica
Are you too a fan of Nicaragua? We’d love to know what’s on your list of loves! Leave a reply in the comments section below.
Posted on July 12, 2012, in Daily Life and tagged cold Tona, Eskimo ice cream, fresh squeezed orange juice, hammock chairs, I Love Nicaragua, list of loves, Macua, Mojito Friday, rain storms, Retired at 37, snooze button. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.